OurDigitalWorld creates opportunities for people and communities to connect with one another. The ways in which we create and manage our data, and public access to that data, need to be viewed in the context of the bigger collaborative landscape in which our digital collections exist.
- We help the GLAM sector engage with their communities around digital assets by collaborating with organizations to create sustainable, networked, web-scaled digital collections
- We aggregate cultural heritage data for discovery and research, providing unprecedented access to over 4 million items from libraries, archives, historical societies, museums, and community groups
- We advocate for digital heritage as a public good
- We track copyright developments, provide Canadian copyright resources, and actively participate in community conversations about copyright and privacy as regards to sharing content online
- We create and share resources for digitization best practices and standards, Canadian copyright, and newspaper digitization
- We provide training on digitization project management, newspaper collections as primary sources, newspaper digitization projects, and related subjects to meet the needs of member organizations
- We encourage community information sharing around project-based experiences