VITA Digital Collections Toolkit was upgraded in September 2022, making it easier for user to provide better attribution and search results. This version upgrade means users can automatically assign copyright labels, process text items with OCR and hit highlighting, and share improved display for linked index records and more…
Exciting new changes include:
- digital files uploaded as category “page” can automatically generate OCR and apply hit highlighting to search results – great for newspaper issues, documents, even headstone photos!
- copyright holder statements can be automatically applied to serial publications 95 years old or younger (here’s how)
- index records with links to digital pages will now display the linked page image in the details panel instead of the sidebar
- personal information and cookies policy statements are now available for both VITA users and the public
- apply “section” fields for non-newspaper pages e.g. Chapter headings
- updated “help” for on-screen support (and correlating MAP updates)
Want to stay up to date with VITA Toolkit news? Use the subscription form on the home page of the VITA Help site.