OurDigitalWorld (ODW) is seeking a Social Media/Web Projects Designer (Intern) for a paid internship opportunity (500 hours to March 24, 2016). OurDigitalWorld provides access and discovery to our digital cultural heritage via a number of tools and platforms. Working in a collaborative environment, the intern will help develop a social media strategy and plans to support community engagement and increase awareness of ODW, as well as increase reach and use of ODW initiatives for access to digital cultural heritage collections.
The intern will participate in the following activities:
- Conduct an audit of current ODW social media channels and analytics for ODW sites
- Strategize and build upon our use of our current social media channels and explore opportunities to expand into other forums
- Help create a social media calendar, as well as best practices for posting content
- Assist in creating online content for our social channels and websites
- Design stylesheets for VITA exhibits module (CSS skills)
- Test for accessibility compliance, responsiveness of ODW websites
- Other activities in building community awareness and engagement
Skillsets and abilities:
- Experience in communications, social media or marketing role
- Able to demonstrate expertise using a variety of social media channels
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Awareness of social media landscape and emerging technologies
- CSS3/HTML5 capabilities
- A solid awareness of accessibility compliance and responsiveness
- An eye for design, graphic and/or web design experience an asset
- Experience with accessibility testing tools and SEO an asset
- Wordpress experience preferred but not requiredThis position is funded through the Youth Internship Program of the Government of Canada with a salary of $22/hr.
To meet eligibility requirements you must:
- Be 30 years of age or younger
- Have attended some post-secondary education
- Be eligible for employment in Canada: must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident,or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please apply by sending your resume (PDF format) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 20, 2016. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are hoping to fill this position as quickly as possible. Location onsite in downtown Toronto, although we are also willing to consider some telecommuting depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.